[windows2000] Re: Inaccessible_Boot_Device Error

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:05:14 -0800

>From: Jim Walls <k6ccc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>We had a power spike in our building last night. Looks like we got off
>lucky. All our servers are fine as they are protected by UPS's. Only >one
>Windows 2000 workstation is causing us problems.
>During the boot process after displaying the Windows 2000 start-up page
>the PC blue screens with the error message:
>STOP: 0x0000007B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Try Chkdsk /f/r, you may have had file corruption caused by the abrupt
shutdown.  If that doesn't work check out this article for some good info on
your error:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prmd_stp_xlxv.asp

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."