[windows2000] Re: Inaccessible_Boot_Device Error

  • From: Jim Walls <k6ccc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:52:56 -0800

Robert Jackson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We had a power spike in our building last night. Looks like we got off
> lucky. All our servers are fine as they are protected by UPS's. Only one
> Windows 2000 workstation is causing us problems.
>
> During the boot process after displaying the Windows 2000 start-up page
> the PC blue screens with the error message:
>
> STOP: 0x0000007B
> INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
>
> Unfortunately we don't have an Emergency Repair disk and when I go
> through trying to Repair the installation from the Windows 2000 CD, it
> tells me that it cannot find the location of Windows 2000.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds like the computer can't find your boot hard disk - most likely due to
failure of the disk.  In other words, you're screwed.
Actually since you say it brings up the Windows startup page, the boot
sector and the first few tracks are readable and then it can't find the
drive.  Still, not good.  Sorry, no better solution at this time.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@xxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/