[windows2000] Re: Identifying and Removing Dead User Accounts fro m NT Domain

  • From: "Ibrahim Abdi, Mustafa" <Mustafa.Ibrahim.Abdi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:57:17 -0400

Thanks Ruud

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruud Bransen [mailto:rb@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 September 2003 16:33
To: 'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Identifying and Removing Dead User Accounts fro m NT
Domain

Don't know if you got Exchange running in de domain. I know you can see the
last access time / logon time to the mailboxes. If it's been a while
(>month??), there's a big chance the user is gone. Not 100% proof but maybe it
will help you out.

Regards,

Ruud Bransen

Databalk bv

 <http://www.databalk.nl> www.databalk.nl

www.diskis.nl <http://www.diskis.nl>

Hi all,

I am running an NT domain here with approx 500 users altogether in this site.
We are planning to move over to AD soon as part of our preparation I would like
to scan my NT4 PDC for dead user accounts so I can remove them all prior to
migration so my new Ad will only contain active user accounts instead of loads
of unused or disabled accounts from people that may not be here anymore. So my
question is: Is there a resource kit Util or script or anything out there that
will scan my master SAM file or the user accounts on the PDC and tell me which
accounts have not been used for sometime and stuff?

Any feedback appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Mustafa