[windows2000] ISA and SSL

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:10:53 +0000

Nothings ever simple with ISA is it? :)

I've just acquired a full test SSL certificate for a web server which
is sitting on the same machine as the isa server. Externally, our
domain is "ourdomain", internally (AD, etc) its "*.local.ourdomain".
The cert is for a machine called "remote.ourdomain" and the SSL site
will only be access from outside through ISA.

How the heck do I get this to work properly?! I've had all sorts of
errors flying about, from "principal name is invalid", to 403's and
back again.. ISA appears to be working with a cert for
"publishing.local.ourdomain". Same as IIS, it appears, however theres
also "web.ourdomain" available and I've no idea where that came from -
it appears to be self signed, but theres no cert authority on this
machine!

Andrew