[windows2000] IIS - ASP pages failing for 1 site

  • From: "Mike Miller" <mikemiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:57:30 -0800

I have a website in IIS that keeps crashing. It happens about once a week.
Only the ASP pages stop working. It says 'page cannot be displayed'. The
HTML pages remain working. Hundreds of other ASP sites on the same server
work flawlessly.

To fix it, I go into the website properties in IIS and go to the application
section and click 'Remove' and then 'Create'. I believe this just terminates
and recreates the dllhost.exe file that the ASP pages use.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what is causing it. I have a program,
'Process Explorer', that I use to search out which dllhost.exe that website
is using and it appears to be functioning properly. It isn't using a lot of
memory like most pages with coding errors do. The ASP pages work perfect for
a week and then just stop working.

Any ideas?

Mike