[windows2000] Re: IE7

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:30:50 +0100

On 18/10/06, Herchenbach, Jim <jherchenbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What are people thinking in regard to the IE7 update? Plans, Policies, etc? Anyone considering the nonexpiring blocker? Just curious how others are planning around this or maybe it's not a big deal.

We're not bothered by it. We don't allow the clients to go out and check in with MS anyway, as we run our own internal WSUS, providing the updates WE approve.

When IE7 is needed, we'll either roll it out manually (the web devs will be
screaming for it..) or build it into our standard ghost image for new PCs.

Andrew