[windows2000] How to remove the DC in Active Directory when offline?

  • From: joeffreyong@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 06:07:40 -0600

Hello Guys,

This is my scenario.  I have my 2 DC existing in my network, but one of my
DC (BDC) gets offline due to hardware (Hard Disk) failure and can not
recover the hard disk anymore.  It means my 2nd DC can't be restored
forever.  However i still have one DC (the original DC) working.  My
question is, is there a tool in microsoft or step-by-step procedures/way to
remove/demote my 2nd DC in Active Directory considering that it is offline,
using my existing 1st DC?

Pls help me guys with this problem.

Thanks!

Paul