[windows2000] Re: How to configure services to use to specific NIC

  • From: Aaron Dokey <adokey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:08:11 -0400

I don't think so, it depends on the service.  There may be a way to tell the
w32time service to bind to a specific IP but I have not heard of it.  If
it's a firewall just cut it off in the rules.  It's a good idea to not allow
direct connections to your firewall anyways... You should always have a
stealth firewall if possible.

-Aaron

Aaron Dokey - MIS
Reid Tool Supply