From: Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, April 19, 2010 1:41:05 PM
Subject: [windows2000] Re: How often should you reboot your server - Best
practice

I usually reboot mine manually after each patch-Tuesday. My experience is that
the servers have a tendency to become flakey after being up for more than
forty-some days, with really weird problems just are just plain inconsistent
with any trouble-shooting. A reboot solves the problems in 99 cases out of 100.
YMMV though.

Once a week feels like a tad bit too often to me. You know how servers are, at
each reboot there is a risk they won’t come up again. 8-) Better keep the
reboots to a minimum is my advice.

HTH.
--
/Sorin