[windows2000] Re: How often should you reboot your server - Best practice

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:41:05 +0200

I usually reboot mine manually after each patch-Tuesday. My experience is
that the servers have a tendency to become flakey after being up for more
than forty-some days, with really weird problems just are just plain
inconsistent with any trouble-shooting. A reboot solves the problems in 99
cases out of 100. YMMV though.

Once a week feels like a tad bit too often to me. You know how servers are,
at each reboot there is a risk they won’t come up again. 8-) Better keep the
reboots to a minimum is my advice.

HTH.

--

/Sorin