[windows2000] How much heat can switches, FAX machines and PCs withstand?

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:26:31 -0700

(This question is somewhat off-topic, but not too far off-topic.)

I've got a situation in which I've got a small room, with a 3COM 24-port =
switch, a Brother FAX machine, and a really old PC running Windows 2000 =
Pro.  Because of where it is, I am concerned that some people might =
potentially walk away with something (most likely the FAX machine, and =
possibly the switch as well.  The PC, in my opinion, is too old to =
bother with, but even that might be stolen.)

I could shut and lock the door, but then I'm concerned that it might get =
too hot in that room.  (It's about 4 ft wide by 8 ft long, on the =
southern wall of the building.) =20

Bottom line: how much heat can that sort of equipment withstand?  Would =
it be safe to leave the door shut, or should I leave it open?

=A0
Rod