[windows2000] Re: How much heat can switches, FAX machines and PCs

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:56:10 -0800

>From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
>How embarrassing.  I admit, that I hadn't thought of that.
>There is an office right next to the room, which (so I learned later)
>was supposed to get the FAX machine.
>But, the important thing is that, there I was, planning on locking the
>door to stop theft of the equipment, and thus effectively prevent >people
>from using it.

*shrug* No problem, just get the phone guy to come in and rig you a new
jack, move the fax machine and you're golden.  Heck you could do it yourself
if they don't mind it looking a bit cheap, just punch a hole through the
wall with a long phillips screwdriver, and thread a long phone cable through
from the current jack to the location where you need it.

Chris Berry
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."