[windows2000] Re: How do you change where IIS points to a virtual dire

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:54:54 -0600

Jim,

I did misread what you wrote, and so I went back and checked the permissions
on the Directory Security tab for the directory in IIS on the server that
hosts the web app.  They are identical to the permissions on the other
server which hosts the old web app (with the only difference being the
anonymous account on each machine is what is allowed access to that
directory).

Rod

Date: Thu,  4 Sep 2003 09:22:36 -0400
From: Jim Kenzig <web@xxxxxxxxxx>
dire

Are you using a UNC to point to the directory? You might give access via the

security tab to the IIS account to the directory on the other server or
share
that directory on the other server first.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
CEO The Kenzig Group
http://thethin.net