[windows2000] Re: Hi

  • From: "Mauricio Fernandez" <mfernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:22:41 -0400

Thank you very much....

Mauricio Fernández S.
IT Manager
FDTA - Valles
Tel. 591 4 4525160
Fax. 591 4 4115056
mfernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.fdta-valles.org

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ibrahim, Mustafa
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 1:09 PM
To: 'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Hi

Hi Glen,

Would it be possible to use an "IF" command with this to say, if a user is
using a computer X then make print Y the default?

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sullivan, Glenn
Posted At: Friday, October 22, 2004 12:03 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Hi

You can do so with a vb script:

Set WshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\PrintServer1\Xerox300"
WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter "\\PrintServer1\Xerox300"

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mauricio Fernandez
Posted At: Friday, October 22, 2004 11:54 AM Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Hi
Subject: [windows2000] Hi

Hi everyone.

I am new in this list, and I hope to find some help here. I promises to help
yours too when I can.

Here is my first question:

I have a w2k network whit a bunch of users that shares a bunch of computers.
When a user logs on one computer for the first time, I need to create all
printers definition again. Does anyone know how to make a script that
installs (or maps) all the printers by itself at logon time?