[windows2000] Re: Having a hard time making a VPN connection to my work's servers

  • From: "Tom Erdely" <tom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:08:49 +0200

Try mapping using the IP address instead of the server name.  Maybe you're not
picking up the proper DNS/WINS from VPN DHCP.  Also, if you have a LAN at home,
make sure that your local IP subnet does not conflict with your VPN subnet.
Unless you specifically block outgoing VPN traffic, the Netgear shouldn't cause
a problem.
--Tom
http://erdely.no