[windows2000] Hardware Question

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:22:49 -0500

I have a computer that I built myself.  It has an Asus A7V motherboard.  =
At the time, the Athlon 1000 was as the fastest Athlon processor =
available.  The specs for this motherboard say it can run up to an =
Athlon 1000.=20

I would like to install a new Athlon XP processor but I am not sure if =
the board will support it.  Asus has nothing to offer.  There are other =
boards out there with the same chipset and FSB that do support the =
Athlon XP.  Does it matter that much or should I be able to just swap =
the processors?