[windows2000] Re: Groupware using Outlook Express?

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:00:48 +0200

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:47:30 -0500, Tasita Ebacher wrote:

>Actually, you can share an outlook 2000 calendar with out exchange.  It's a
>built in feature in office 2000.  Microsoft took away this feature in office
>2003 (and office xp most likely).
>
>File > Share > Calendar (or tasks or contacts).  This will open the wizard
>to configure who you are sharing your calendar with and what permissions
>they have over it.

Sounds excellent!

Can somebody point me to any good websites dealing with this sort
of setup, how-tos, administration etc?

>My LAN users really liked the calendar sharing and it worked very well,
>until we upgraded to office 2003... Now, I guess, we'll need to get an
>exchange server.

Bummer!

I kinda' feels like MS is forcing us to upgrade, even if we're
satisfied with the current state of affairs. Right?

Me, I tend to stick with "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"...

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 3 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.