[windows2000] Re: Group policy

  • From: George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:10:46 -0800

After setting stuff in the AD, I run this little CMD file (I keep it on the
Admin's desktop):

@echo on
secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce
secedit /refreshpolicy user_policy /enforce
pause

-George

On 11/28/05, Shawn R. Beairsto <sbeairst@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Having some troubles getting a GPO to take effect (Windows 2000 sp4).
> Have a GPO at the domain level that is working fine. I have created a new
> OU under that for our users with laptops. After moving the appropriate
> computers into that group, the new policy seettings are not being applied.
> The domain level GPO does not have the no override setting enabled. Other
> OU's (citrix ou, etc) have their own GPO's that are working, just the new
> one i created is not working. Permissions look fine. Any ideas on what I'm
> doing wrong? Caffeine hasn't helped today.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Shawn
>
> --
> Shawn Beairsto
> Network Administrator
> Data Kinetics Ltd. / Smart Telecom
> http://www.dkl.com
> http://www.smarttelecom.ca
>
> http://thethin.net/win2000list.cfm

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus