[windows2000] Group Policy Question

  • From: Robert Jackson <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NT System Administration <ntsysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Windows NT/2000 Discussion List <winnt-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Windows Thin Clients <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Windows2000 <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 06:50:43 +0100

Hi All,

Is it possible to have one group policy that spans a number of Terminal
Servers within the same AD Forest?

The scenario is that we have a series of Terminal Servers that allow
customers
to connect to and run their particular application.

Each of the Terminal Servers thus far have been set-up individually with a
separate Organisational Unit. The OU has a Group Policy associated with it.
The customer logins are split into groups and the group is then applied to
the
OU. Each of the Group Policies in place is essentially the same (i.e., the
desktop the user sees is locked down). The only difference between each
Group
Policy is the My Documents folder is relocated locally on each server
(i.e., \\servername\My Documents). However the My Documents folder, on all
the Terminal Servers, is located on the D:\ drive.

What I was wanting to happen is that depending on which server our support
personnel log in to, that particular OU or Group policy would be applied?

Regards,
Rab.
Robert Jackson                                  Phone: +44 (0) 141 332 7999
Software Engineer                                 Fax:  +44 (0) 141 331 2820
Walker Martyn Ltd
1 Park Circus Place                            Email: rab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Glasgow G3 6AH, Scotland                   Web:
http://www.walkermartyn.co.uk

The information in this internet E-mail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it
by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are
Walker Martyn Ltd or any of its affiliates. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact  administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx