[windows2000] Re: Great article on locking down IE from Redmond Magazine

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:49:54 +0200

Jim Kenzig http://Kenzig.com <> scribbled on Wednesday, October 26, 2005
4:24 AM:

I use IE-SPYAD2, which I think is basically the same thing, although it
blocks the whole unwanted site. Nobody's supposed to surf those porn and
warez-sites from the dept anyway, so there's no reason to keep the
functionality, but block activex-controls on the mentioned sites. IMO at
least.

HTH.

> http://redmondmag.com/features/article.asp?editorialsid=520
>
> This is a very good article with a great tip about a reg file
available
> from spywareguide.com I hadn't heard of before, that lets you set kill
bits
> for all known spyware to prevent it from getting on  your
workstations!
http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php