[windows2000] Re: Got new HD, put it in, don't know what to do now to rebuild RAID array

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:26:46 -0400

The old drive is what is showing as missing.  The new drive is showing as
unallocated.  That is why there is one more "virtual" drive than physical
drive.

Right click on a still functioning partition of the RAID 5 volume and select
"Repair Volume..." from the context menu and then select the replacement
disk from the list.

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.