[windows2000] Re: GPO Folder Redirection

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:11:48 +0200

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:06:29 -0400, Greg Reese wrote:

>I use GPO to redirect my user's "My Documents" folder to their home drive
>which for my users is \\server\Users\%username%
>
>Works pretty well and has been for a while.
>
>Somehow, this has stopped working for some of my users.  The event log has the
>following:
>
>Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The new directories for
>the redirected folder could not be created. The folder is configured to be
>redirected to \\server\Users\%username%, the final expanded path was
>\\server\Users\dsmith. The following error occurred:
>This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.
>
>The last line seems to tell all.  The user is not the owner of the folder.  So
>I Looked it up and sure enough, they are not the owner (administrators group
>is).  But I don't see any way to change the owner.  They have permissions and
>their Home drive is still mapping just fine.  It is just the folder
>redirection.
>
>How do I change the owner? Or is there a better way to go about fixing this?

Wasn't this "bug" introduced with the sp4-release? We had some
similar problems but with the profiles on the profile-server. The
profiles req'd to be owned by the admin or some such.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows: