[windows2000] GPO Folder Redirection

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:06:29 -0400

I use GPO to redirect my user's "My Documents" folder to their home drive which
for my users is \\server\Users\%username%

Works pretty well and has been for a while.

Somehow, this has stopped working for some of my users.  The event log has the
following:

Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The new directories for
the redirected folder could not be created. The folder is configured to be
redirected to \\server\Users\%username%, the final expanded path was
\\server\Users\dsmith. The following error occurred:
This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.

The last line seems to tell all.  The user is not the owner of the folder.  So
I Looked it up and sure enough, they are not the owner (administrators group
is).  But I don't see any way to change the owner.  They have permissions and
their Home drive is still mapping just fine.  It is just the folder redirection.

How do I change the owner? Or is there a better way to go about fixing this?

Greg