[windows2000] Freeware Site Pick: Nirsoft

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:09:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,
While in my net travels I came across an awesome site with some great original
that I just have to share.
NirSoft web site provides a unique collection of small and useful freeware
all of them developed by Nir Sofer.
There are several Network Monitoring tools and some great IE Tools to look at
cookies, cache
and even view the hidden IE History of the most recent sites viewed.  There are
also some
very good password recovery utilities. One of my favorites is autility called
Messenpass that lets
you recover the password from many different Instant Messaging programs out
There is also a nice command line utility called NirComand that lets
you turn off your monitor, turn off the computer, open/close the door of your
cd-rom drive,
dial to VPN/Internet connection, change your display settings, and much more
all from the command
All in all it is a quite impressive array of utilities and all for free!
Check it out at: