[windows2000] Re: Forum for Windows XP Pro & Win 2k Server

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:22:23 -0700

Foofaraw -- It's not a dead link (make sure you have the complete URL,
including the .asp ending):

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/spdepl
oy.asp

Jason -- I did indeed follow verbatim all the steps in that XP SP1 Instl
& Depl Guide.  Microsoft has confirmed that it is a XP SP1 issue and now
has a fix (that's to be installed in Windows 2000 Servers, not in the XP
machines): Q327536 (I give more details abt. this in my earlier posting
today "[windows2000] Re: Win XP SP1 intall via RIS -- client install
hangs!" since I don't think Microsoft has posted that article yet,
although the hotfix is ready)

Thanks for your help!

Alfonso