[windows2000] Folder Redirection

  • From: "Neil Bullock" <n.bullock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:50:22 -0000

We have added a new domain to our existing forest (as a new tree), and set
up a group policy for the users on that domain.  I haven't been able to try
it with many users (as I don't know the passwords), but redirection of My
Documents to the user's H drives doesn't appear to be working.

I went to the machine of one of the users on this domain today and found
that when they opened My Documents, it said the operation was not allowed
due to restrictions in effect (... etc, etc), and when I right clicked on My
Documents and went to Properties, the location was set to the local user
profile.  I asked the user to log on a few more times and restarted once or
twice to make sure the policy had been applied, but it's still the same.

Anything I should be looking at in particular to resolve this?  As far as I
can tell, the redirection is set up exactly the same as the root domain's
policy, and that works perfectly...

Neil Bullock, ICT Technician.
Brayton College, Doncaster Road, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8 9QS
Tel: 01757 707731; Fax: 01757 213389

This Weeks Sponsor SeamlessPlanet.com
Register your domain name for as low as $7.75 per year!
Cheaper than Godaddy..same great service!