[windows2000] Re: Finding all computer with/without File & Print Sharing

  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:57:42 -0400

This may kinda work.  It'll generate a file for each computer on the
network, if the file server service is running, the file will be greater
than 0 bytes.  If the server service is running, the file will have
contents and have a size greater than 0 bytes.  Put this in a .bat file.

for /f "skip=3" %%j in ('net view') do (call :checkServer %%j)
set compname=%1
set compname=%compname:~2,99%
REM nbtstat -a %compname% | find "<20>">%compname%.log
nbtstat -a %compname% | find "<20>">%compname%.log

> From: Brenden Morgenthaler

> Does anyone know of a way to query a network or domain and find the
> computers that do not have File & Printer Sharing installed.
> Most of the clients are Windows 2000, there are a few Windows XP
> machines.
> Then, if I have this list or another compiled list is there a way to
> remotely install it?
> Thanks,
> Brenden

personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.  Distribution, publication, or retransmission
of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This message may be a bank to client communication and as such is
priviliged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

The sender of this e-mail specifically "opts-out" of the Electronic Signatures
and Global and National
Commerce Act (E-Sign) and any and all similar state and federal acts.
Accordingly, but without limitation,
any and all documents, contracts, and ageements must contain a handwritten
signature of the sender to
be legal, valid, and enforceable.