[windows2000] Re: Fiber Cabling

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:30:55 -0400

Red is on the right for all of ours.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Greg Reese
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 12:19 PM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Fiber Cabling

I just got a GBIC for my Cisco switch and a patch cord to go with it.  The
patch cord is split in two.  One is red and the other is black.  Does it
matter which port on the GBIC these attach to?

My initial thought is to just plug them in and if they don't work to switch
them around.  It is an Dual LC to SC patch cable.  It looks like there is
only one way the other end in so that should be easy.

I don't have the other piece of gear yet so this is nothing important.  I
was just curious.

Thanks!

Greg