[windows2000] Re: FW: [THIN] Drive mapping issue

  • From: Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:26:15 -0700

I don't use Metaframe, but perhaps it could be a registry issue.

Chris Berry
chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

“If you have a strong enough why you can bear almost any how.” --Nietzsche

Shawn R. Beairsto wrote:
Put this on the thin list, but didn't receive much response... trying here out
of sheer desperation!

-Shawn

--
Hi everyone,

Running a Windows 2000 SP4 terminal server, Metaframe 1.8 in Win2000 domain.
One user last week reported some issues, and when I investigated, found that
her Home drive (H) was not being mapped to the proper location, it was just
going to the local documents and settings directory. I checked all her settings
on the domain controller, everythings fine. In the options for terminal server,
I am setting H to point to \\server1\heruserid. (server1 is a linux file
server).

If I map another drive letter there manually from her citrix session, it works
fine. No errors are reported in the logs. Her My Documents folder is redirected
into a subdirectory on her H drive and that is working OK. In desperation, I
deleted her profile from the citrix server, and recreated it but the issue
remains. All other users are fine. Does anyone have an idea where I can look to
troubleshoot this further?

Thanks,

--
Shawn Beairsto