[windows2000] Exchange 2003

  • From: windows2000.freelists.store@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:50:55 +0100

Morning all,

This is my first post here, so please be kind :)

I've been charged with installing a brand new Windows 2003 server that will
act as Domain Controller for a new domain and act as our Exchange 2003
server.

We are currently running Exchange 4.5 on a Windows NT box that is on its
last legs....Is Exchange 2003 able to import the mail folders from Ex 5.5?
Are there any known problems I need to look out for doing this?

My plan is to first try it out with an old copy of the mai folders, and if
all goes well run the main upgrade over a weekend so that users are not
disrupted. We are a small company really (15-20 users) so hopefully this
process will not take too long.

Is this feasable, or can someone with more expereince with Exchange 2003
offer a better solution.

Many thanks,

Rob Sharp