[windows2000] Re: Excessive logon times??

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:43:53 -0400

I concur... do a hunt through all of the subfolders in your AD zone, and
delete all references to the old DC's name or IP address.

If you gave the address to a new server, remove the entries anyway, and
then restart the netlogon service on the new server, and run
ipconfig/registerdns on the new server for good measure.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Kenzig
http://thin.net
Posted At: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 9:23 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: Excessive logon times??
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Excessive logon times??

Check your DNS