[windows2000] Excessive logon times??

  • From: Jeff Malczewski <jmalczewski@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:09:26 -0400

On Windows 2000 and XP Pro clients, we are seeing times in excess of 15 to
20 minutes before the user reaches their desktop.  This is only from
standalone PCs, not from Terminal Services sessions.  It is not happening to
everyone.  For instance, I can log in fine from my desk, but my boss, who
has the same permissions, same OU, same GPO, same switch card on the
backbone, everything, has to wait 15 to 20 minutes to get his desktop...

9x clients get a message stating "Unable to load <DC>\netlogon\config.pol.
Please contact your system administrator."

Can anyone provide any insight?  I removed an AD controller yesterday, but
according to ADSIEdit, LDP, and ntdsutil, the removal went just fine, no
issues.

Help!!

Thanks,
Jeff