[windows2000] Re: Eventlog retaining

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:31:15 +0100

On 06/10/05, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dogers <> scribbled on Thursday, October 06, 2005 1:07 PM:
>
> > On 06/10/05, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > You can script it, but I don't know of a way to automate it
> otherwise..
>
> Any particular script, or just standard batch?

I think theres some VBScript that will do it programmatically. I'm not sure
if a batch file would allow you to simply rename the old one, with the
logging service being clever enough to make a brand new one..

I'm sure theres something out there that does this already?!

Where are the event logs kept anyway??

If you right click on the 3 different logs, it'll tell you

Andrew