[windows2000] Re: ERD for WinXP

  • From: cej4108@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Charles E. James)
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:11:28 -0400

You might want to go to the XP web site and download the XP boot disk maker for
emergencies. I put it on a CD-RW, it is a program that will allow you to use
the rollback stuff as well as access the Recovery Console that has to be
installed, not installed by default wouldn't you know.

This will then allow you to boot from the CD.
It will also put the recovery console at the boot for boot options.
Go to D:\i386\winnt32.exe\cmdcons to install the Recovery Console option in XP
(needless to say the ERD isn't exactly the same as it was for Win2Kpro!)

--
Charles E. James, Programmer/Analyst I
U. C. Berkeley, Berkeley California