[windows2000] Dumb Dos Batch File question

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:48:04 -0800

Hi guys -

        I want to write a batch file for a user to run in our Austrailia
office to ping test a handful of servers located in the Continental US.  I
want it to ping a server 30 times and then append that output to a file that
the user can then email back to me. How do I do that and APPEND the file,
not overwrite it?  Right now, here's what I have:

Ping -n 30 servername > temp.txt
Ping -n 30 nextservername > temp.txt

        So do I need it to create a bunch of files and then concatenate

Any opinions, please let me know!

Jennifer Hooper
Peregrine Systems, Inc.
Sr. Network Engineer