[windows2000] Dual Boot Windows 2Kpro/SuSe Linux Pro

  • From: cej4108@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Charles E. James)
  • To: Learn-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LINUX_Newbies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,windows2000profandadvserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,Windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"@freelists.org,windows2000pro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:15:33 -0500

Hey, All

I am contemplating a dual boot system. I currently have a 40gig HDD on a
Pentium 4 pc with 256MB RAM, etc. and want to use Partition Magic 7 to resize
the drive to 20gig for Windows and the other 20gig for Linux.

Can anyone point me to a site where they have the do's of setting up this kind
of dual boot? Has anyone done this successfully and can you provide hints of
what to avoid to limit errors,etc.?

Any advice, hints, help, and/or direction that you can provide will be greatly

Charles E. James, Programmer/Analyst
U. C. Berkeley, Berkeley California
Dragon's Gate Taoism