[windows2000] Download Picks: From MS: GP Diag Best practice, Malware removal kit, Vista Tech center, updated sysinternals utilitilies

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, vista@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 18:15:44 -0400

*Hi All,*
*I have been notified of several updated utilities of interest to you all
from Microsoft so here they are:*
*Windows Vista Techcenter*
*Group Policy Diagnostic Best Practice Analyzer for Windows Server 2003
The Microsoft Group Policy Diagnostic Best Practice Analyzer (GPDBPA) for
Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 is designed to help you identify Group
Policy configuration errors or other dependency failures that may prevent
settings or features from functioning as expected.
*Malware Removal Starter Kit*
Many small- and medium-sized organizations use antivirus software, and yet
new viruses, worms, and other forms of malicious software (*malware*)
continue to infect large numbers of computers in these organizations.
Malware proliferates at alarming speed and in many different ways, which
makes it particularly widespread today.

*Tcpview v2.5*

This update to Tcpview adds support for Vista, including IPv6, and displays
counts of active and connected endpoints in a status bar

* *

*Process Monitor v1.21*

This release adds XML as a new export format, includes performance
optimizations, and fixes a number of minor bugs

* *

*PsExec v1.85*

PsExec v1.85 adds a new switch that takes advantage of new memory and I/O
priorities on Vista, -background, for running processes with low CPU, memory
and I/O priority.

Jim Kenzig
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
Citrix Technology Professional