[windows2000] Download Pick of the Week: WiseSoft Password Control

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:56:19 -0500

Hi All,
While thumbing through the lastest ission of Redmond Magazine I came across
a suggestion for an Admin Password changing utility that can be give to Help
Desk People.  It is called WiseSoft Password Control.  I installed the
software on my Citrix PS 4 servers and published it as an app and it works a
champ. Just for safety's sake I set windows file permissions on the
executable so that no one else could "accidently" execute it.  A nice
feature of this utility is that it will let you disable and enable accounts
This is a FREE utility albeit you will be required to sign up for the
website with a username and password and give up an email address to get it.
To me it was definitely worth it.

Get it at:

This site also has a few other useful utilities. One called NTFSFix that
lets you do a global "fix" of permissions on user directories and one called
scriptbuilder which helps you build and automate vbscripts.

Jim Kenzig
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
Citrix Technology Professional
Provision Networks VIP