[windows2000] Re: Domain policies applied when?

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.Beckett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:49:18 -0400

Yep definitely not boot up only. We've had to change intervals on certain
GPO's because of that reason.

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ray at work Posted
At: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 9:13 AM Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Domain policies applied when?
Subject: [windows2000] Domain policies applied when?

Hi list,

There is a policy in my domain that sets the computers to use a proxy server
in IE.  I don't use the proxy server, however.  If I reboot or something,
the policy is applied of course, but then I disable it. There have been a
few times, however, that the proxy server was re-enabled while I was logged
on to my computer and hadn't rebooted.  I was under the impression that
policies were only applied when the computer booted up or when I logged on.
Is this not the case?

Thanks,

Ray at work