[windows2000] Does a system state restore retain the service pack?

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:45:06 -0000

I have a number of remote W2K domain controllers at the far end of slowish
wan links. I use NT Backup to backup the system state locally every night,
compress the .bkf to a .zip file and copy the zip files onto my NAS during
the small hours.

If I had to rebuild a server, could I simply reinstall a basic W2K server,
then restore the system state. Would SPs be maintained or would I have to
apply the proper SP before doing the restore?