[windows2000] Re: Do you need to have a domain controller in order to use TS?

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:13:32 -0500

Terminal Services is free in Remote Administration Mode.  It allows up
to two simultaneous RDP connections to the server.

Initially, out-of-the-box, the only users who can use Remote Admin Mode
are Local Admins, but that can be changed.

Application mode is "classic" terminal services, which requires a
license server...

I have Remote Admin mode enabled on all of my servers, so that I can
manage them all from one MMC console (especially since the Remote
Desktops Snap-in actually WORKS after XP SP2...)

HTH,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.
From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx>
order to
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:16:30 -0500

Not in remote administration mode, I don't believe.

Ray at home

  _____