[windows2000] Re: Discussion: Microsoft to release patchesonce per month

  • From: "John Price" <JPrice@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 23:40:07 -0500

It must have just been that instructor. I went to a M$ Security seminar
Monday and Tuesday, and our instructor told us all about it. Nobody
attending the event seemed to know about it, but the instructor was very
forthcoming with the info.

Now, for the part I didn't believe......

He said the reason was that WE, the end user, told M$ that M$ was
overloading us with all these darn patches, so THEY did us a favor and
cut it back to once a week, and now once a month.

John

>>> jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/9/2003 9:18:31 AM >>>
Hi All,
A colleague of mine went to a briefing at a local training center
about
using SUS server to deploy patches.  I had told him about how Microsoft
will
be releasing bulletins and patches monthly and he brought it up to
them.
They knew nothing about it and the Microsoft rep that was there knew
nothing
about it also!

So I thought to myself...who does know about it?  Just to be certain
that I
wasn't dreaming when I saw this I went out to the Microsoft Security
site
and sure enough on the security home page is a link to Microsofts new
patch
release schedule and initiative.

The link is:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/

bulletin/revsbwp.asp

I find it very distressing that
1. A company that is trying to help someone with SUS/MOM etc can hold
seminar and not know this
and
2. Microsoft's own people do not know it.

Gotta love it.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
CEO The Kenzig Group