[windows2000] Re: Disable service via batch file

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:55:45 -0400

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive about the s.  What you'd do
is have a line like this in your .bat file

regedit /s \\domaincontroller\netlogon\automaticUpdates.reg

You execute regedit.exe with the /s switch like that.

Your users apparenltly have admin rights, eh?  Hmm.  :]

> From: Puetz, Christoph [mailto:Christoph.Puetz@xxxxxxx]

> I used a batch file and it works good - except the user still
> gets prompted
> to "Ok" the registry key entered into the registry. I used
> the /s. Anyway
> around user interaction or is that my only choice? Do you know?
> net stop wuauserv
> \\domaincontroller\netlogon\automaticUpdates.reg /s
> Christoph

personal and confidential use
of the recipient(s) named above.  Distribution, publication, or retransmission
of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This message may be a bank to client communication and as such is
priviliged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message.

The sender of this e-mail specifically "opts-out" of the Electronic Signatures
and Global and National
Commerce Act (E-Sign) and any and all similar state and federal acts.
Accordingly, but without limitation,
any and all documents, contracts, and ageements must contain a handwritten
signature of the sender to
be legal, valid, and enforceable.