[windows2000] DNS

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:16:56 -0400

I hear constantly (mainly from Mark Minasi, as I read his articles
frequently), how if DNS isn't right, AD won't be right. So I have a question
for those of you who use 2K and know DNS pretty well.

We have a sister company who has their own 2K domain. This domain has a DNS
server for their devices. All of the servers point to the DNS server in
their domain, we'll call ABC. However they are physically on the same wire
with their parent, we'll call XYZ. The servers and the clients are also set
to point to a DNS server on XYZ. So if you ipconfig /all, you see the IP
address from a server on the ABC domain and a server from the XYZ domain.

Will this setup cause or not cause any issues?