[windows2000] Re: DNS

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:38:23 -0400

I beg to differ... if the DOMAIN name can't be resolved locally, that
happens.

But if I host DavidClark.com, and I issue a request for
foobar.davidclark.com, and there is no foobar "A" record on my zone,
then the request is not forwarded.

Hence the reason for creating static external records when using
split-brained DNS.

Respectfully, of course...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Malczewski
Posted At: Monday, June 28, 2004 3:33 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: DNS
Subject: [windows2000] Re: DNS

If the name can't be resolved locally, then the request is forwarded to
another server instead of the local server performing the lookup itself.