[windows2000] Re: DNS

  • From: "Andrew Shriner" <aShriner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:25:41 -0400

If their domain is created as a subdomain of abc.com, then the DNS
server should be able to receive root hints and work just perfectly for
everything above that subdomain, AFAIK. You can make DNS on that server
authoritative over any part of that domain that you want, but it would
more than likely be best just to make it authoritative over na.abc.com.

That said, I've worked with DNS quite a bit, but I'm not a DNS expert,
and am running with little caffeine.

Drew

>>> Bill.Beckett@xxxxxxxxxx 06/18/04 09:15AM >>>
Ok just wanted to make sure that a client on na.abc.com who might be
searching for something on abc.com's wen site would not look at the
internal
DNS server and say "Hey, here's na.abc.com....that must be the guy who
is
authoritative for abc.com" and never look out on the web.