[windows2000] Creation of a customized MMC...

  • From: "Daniel J. Cook" <cook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:59:06 -0500

Dear Windows 2000 Free List,

Hello! I have a situation with customizing an MMC and I am wondering if
anyone can help. I would like to setup a custom MMC that will allow only
a certain group of users the ability to see and change one OU in our
Active Directory Users and Computers.

Currently, we have about 10 OUs and I have been trying to make a custom
MMC to my specifications. I can make a custom MMC that will allow people
to change and alter AD Users and Computers (which includes all of the
OUs) but I would like to make it more specific so that they can only
alter or change one OU. For example, I would like to create an MMC that
would only contain the "Bonga" OU and nothing else.

I have experimented with customizing MMCs but cannot seem to find a
method to create one that specific. Does anyone have any advice or
suggestions on creating a custom MMC that is OU specific? Thanks in
advance. Take care.

All the best,

Daniel J. Cook