[windows2000] Re: Creating local Windowsupdate mirror?

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:30:55 +0200

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:15:35 -0400, Sullivan, Glenn wrote:

>What did you do in the GPO's?  Are there SUS extensions to GPO's?

Some permissions got changed where they shouldn't have, the
SUS-server queried itself for updates, instead of the MS-servers,
and so on... Also the test install and run I did at home, left some
some registry settings I just couldn't remove manually, so the GPOs
from home accidentally got spread to all computers on the dept
domain, and all pointed to 192.168.0.1... Specifically, when
deploying the sus-clients using GPOs, a WU-template also gets
installed (telling the client when, how often and from where to get
the updates). This particular template had the settings from home,
and accidentally spread over the dept network resulting in a major
bummer... 8-(

I finished reinstalling the entire SUS-package, and remade the GPO.
Went much faster this way, than looking for registry settings all
over the place. 8-]

No harm was done in the process. Except my self-confidence, which
got a bump... 8-}

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmaci.uu.se
# Dept of Medical Chemistry,            Phone: +46-18-4714482 >> 5 signals >>
GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46-701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46-18-471-4474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.