[windows2000] Re: Complex passwords

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:40:47 +0200

On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:20:08 -0400, Greg Reese wrote:

>Yes, it is certainly a balancing act.  I think in the end that smart
>cards will work out well for us.  They are simple and users can handle
>an ATM machine so the concept is not too difficult.  We are also looking
>at using Citrix Password Manager to help the power users who have
>several passwords to keep track of.  Most of my users are older and this
>is their first exposure to a computer.  They have a more difficult time
>with things.

Are smart cards the ones with a mag strip only, or with a mag strip
and a chip on it?

If the former, it's a quick task to read the card in reader and
save it for future use.

There are always backways in. 8*)

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and
no mercy. ? Joseph Campbell