[windows2000] Clients losing authentication

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:30:50 +0100

 I have recently installed a W2K3 (Which makes this tehoretically OT)
Small Business Server. 1 clinet PC (windows 98), about once a day, loses
authentication to the server - can no longer acces files, shares that
she was able to previously. Reboot fixes this. I *think* - though she is
unsure about this - that it happens after she's not been at the PC for a
while (IE may be to do with some sort of time-out/suspend).

Another client PC (XP Pro) on the same network has had similar symptoms
on one occasion (Where it had nto been used for 4 hours).

Any ideas?

Nick